“I Care” Curriculum Implementation Process
This 13-step process has been successfully used in “I Care” schools to implement the “I Care” Positive Parenting Character Curriculum. The process is a guideline, and “I Care” encourages you to be creative.
- Train school administration on the “I Care” Positive Parenting Character Curriculum.
- Train teachers and support staff.
- Train teachers and staff how to document and measure parental involvement using Online “I Care” Measuring System.
- Provide teachers with “I Care” Curricula or Parenting Workbooks and motivational incentives.
- Train parents and community partners, and communicate clear expectations.
- Establish a regular schedule to send home character-building parenting activities and Feedback Forms.
- Schedule a minimum of one hour per month for teachers to do “I Care” activities with students in their respective classrooms, preferably all classes at the same time.
- Schedule monthly teacher follow-up with parents to share positive student accomplishments & behaviors.
- Provide teachers with materials to keep the character traits visible at school.
- Establish a schedule to report data to school administration.
- Gather administrative summaries of data for each classroom and school and celebrate successes.
- Use parent feedback from previous months to plan school improvements.
- Hold renewal training as needed to develop parent involvement strategies.